“… I want to talk about you, and not anyone else. I want to know about things you experienced, things your mom and your dad did or said, about when you were young, and what you did as you grew up, got married and had children.”
In our society, we talk about things in a general way and that’s good. But what about You, let’s talk more specifically about things that happen to you, about your time in life….
You are the bearer, the consequence, of traditions, customs, and beliefs of your parents, family, and society…
And, did you have dreams, plans, or a prophetic glimpse of your future… that were somehow jeopardized by what others told you?
This is essentially your belief system.
We develop habits through frequent repetition and reinforcement. Most habits are shaped during our formative years and are passed down from others. Like all behaviours, we programmed these habits through observation and modeling those around us.
“But, why are these habits and limiting beliefs bad?”
“Because, when we limit ourselves, our dreams and plans for future are compromised.”
Limiting beliefs come from within, but they are shaped by the world around us.
For instance, if you were born in North America, rather than in a culture that places more value on home cooking, say in India, France or Italy, You probably wouldn’t have belittled home cooking and ran for the microwave dinners.
Typically there is some benefit to holding onto a limiting belief in the beginning.
The biggest benefit is: “A sense of belonging – Birds of a feather flock together”
- We never had enough money in the family
- We will never be rich
- We belong to a fat family; everyone is fat in my family
- No one from my family has gone to university
- We all suffer from diabetes or heart problem in our family etc. etc.
Limiting beliefs hold us back in ways we don’t even realize. How does this apply to you?
We all have limiting beliefs that hold us back.
- Maybe you believe you can’t take care of your own health because you need to give your children and family all of your attention.
- Maybe you believe you can’t exercise because you hate running on the treadmill. (Yes, that’s my limiting belief…)
- Maybe you believe you can’t lose weight because everyone in your family is “big-boned.”
Know that EFT is one of the best of the best tools available to Beat Your Limiting Beliefs!
Now, you have the awareness, because unless you didn’t know you couldn’t fix that problem.
- With EFT tapping we start acknowledging those beliefs!
- Accept and tap on all of your limiting beliefs.
- Check what is your subjective level of distress. (Scale of 0-10, 10 being really high )
- Then with smart reframes, we flip them around.
Because as Henry Ford has said, “whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.”
So, let’s do it. We are running our workshop on Shifting our Mindset, “ Mindset Mastery” on February 24th, 2018 in St. Catharine’s. We invite you to join our tribe of EFTers and register to become a member. Learn more about what you will recieve in the workshop by clicking here.